Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any views on Anglo for December

Not applicable
I'm new to trading and went long on Anglo today. Bought at R 311. Question - not sure did the right thing, anyone with recommendations?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Sorry boet your'e speaking to yourself
0 Kudos
th-mb
Occasional Contributor
With regards to anglo all the techniical tools indicate that it is a bit a eary to buy, but if you are hloding for the long term then I am sure it will come around. I do suggest though that you put a stop loss about 10%-15% below the buying price. hope that that is helpful
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx for the info. Hope it will come around.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you are not supposed to be worried if it goes up or down, all you have to know is when to sell..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Entry was 309 1st resistance 330 target 351. IMO good share to trade or hold, gets a bit volatile at times so not a share for the faint hearted. It can rise 5% in a day and it can fall 5. watch for volumes over 6mil. I recently read an article I would like to share with you 'This is a radical change for most investors. Internal control is not that difficult to achieve, but it is difficult for most people to realize how important it is' from the book TRADE YOUR WAY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM K van Tharp
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Jack can you elaborate on the 'volumes over 6mil' - how should one interpret it?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Most of the major peaks and valleys occur at higher than normal volumes. AGL 2.5 to 4 mil is normal so below 2 and above 6 are IMO turning indicators
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any idea of the time frame to reach 330? I bought some AGL ssf by mistake 2 days ago. I wanted to buy ANG and must have typed ANG in the lookup option and got to the Anglo page without realizing it. The next day I tried to sell them at 323 when i realized my mistake. So now, I am not too sure what to do with these AGL ssf as I have not been following this share. Anybody ever done that stupid mistake? The price was the same.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
very few people on this forum know about or use position sizing.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Haha LOL YES I did the same thing bought ANG instead of AGL lost 30k when the stop losses kicked in. IMO I would hold the AGL. It can move in 3 to 6 days. Just bounced off support, bottom of bol and the TA is looking good rising RSI, Stoch, ULT sitting on 30 MA, in the channel, MACD crossed for a buy
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
By naomi. I bought AGLSBL this morning,with a veiw of about five days and then i shall shorten the stop-loss to 5%
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
Jack - STO buy signal lining up. Do not see MACD cross. What settings you use for MACD
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
2 and 5 for an entry and 5 and 9 for exit
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx a mil for the advice.I wanted to sell today at 316 but instead decided to wait for 330 or 335.Hope it will move next week.
0 Kudos