Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anybody on this forum that trade for a living ?

CE
Super Contributor
Not as brokers, but actually buying bread of frofit
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
john_1
Super Contributor
Those who trade for a living bypass bread and go steight for the wine and champers darling.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh! and dont forget Cheese curls, you have to have cheese curls...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
You're not saying if you are one of them uncle J !!!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Oh yes, and "darling" - uncle J !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Champers Darling, Champers Quote from absolutley fabulous
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Eish !! OK !! (just joking, AGAIN !)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
In responce to your question, I make enough to live off by trading but I don't because I dont think spending long hours watching every move makes you more money than taking a less active role. But the main reason is I understand that the power of compounding my money is what makes me rich so If I dont spend my profits I am doing well. I am self employed which helps
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Being self employed does help a lot which is the same case here. Not only for trading, but the youngsters can take over for a chance ! Being in the IT game and to have a financial company which include a online trading company also help a lot. I have a second "test" screen on my desk with live prices on a watch list. I only recently got into the technical side of things and as long as I enjoy trading (and make a bit of money), it will remain a hobby. To live of your profits - I guess it's relative - depends how much you spend. We just need to pump a bit of humor into the chat forum, I still say ...
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
With the amount and persistance of a large number of regular commentators on this forum, I would say there are 1)plenty of retired bored old "toppies" playing with shares; not realy making money; 2)a very few serious trades who are making money; 3)a large number of interesting people dabling in the market holding a day job and using company time and resourses doing it, instead of doing the jobs they were hired for; they al;so dont make money; 4)my favourites to hate, the new idiots who stuff things up. Me, I am semi retired, self employed, when I work it is outside the country doing stuff with explosives that will raise much critisism from certain people. I do make money with my trading.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Skala - did one of the explosions ever went of to early ?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Still have all my digits and other attachments; damaged eardrums once or twice; shat myself once or twice; twice the guy next to me was not so lucky.
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
Skala I dont think you are far from exactly right. I have only traded for a few months, to be exact 3.5 months. My aim was to see what I could do with 10k spending money. I now have 38k and hopefully I will be able to turn my 10k I started with into 100k by the end of this year. Take into account that I don't use any other instruments other than this site. I dont have a warrants account but trade them with out gearing. Hopefully I will still be around for a while. If I can manage to keep this up for a year I'll start using some of my hard earned cash to trade.Cheers
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Boet, jy maak my deurmekaar, en dis maklik om dit te doen. Warrants are geared instruments, so how do you trade them without gearing?? Happy to hear you are doing well (or is that good) with your trading.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I got my awnser. Mic, what do u mean by "I dont have a warrants account but trade them with out gearing."
0 Kudos