Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone an expert on candle charting?

Not applicable
http://www.candlecharts.com/about-candles-basics.html says candles are a superior method. Any confirmation of this?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
jack12
Super Contributor
There are many way to skin a cat? Every man believes in his on god? Every man/wife has the prettiest/handsomest wife/husband? The grass is always greener on the other side? All of these statements are also TRUE.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
My wife is the prettiest Lady in the world?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your live, never make the prettiest woman your wife.......
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
Jack, better not let her see the "?" at the end of your sentence. You might end up short in the bull department! :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sometimes I think that i do not miss much by using other people's predictions and analysis. Does an expensive package help? I trade warrants on a longer term basis anyway - i just get one with a small time decay. By the way topskp says time decay is zero - surely it cant be that good. I will traded it like my unit trusts if it is
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I always use them. For instance, one of my entry setup conditions is a solid white candle the day before
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an expensive charting package most certaonly doesn;t help (well it does help the person who just scammed you) .. buy the cheapest, which is amibroker.com an it does everythign you need ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Candle Stick Charting has been around for a very very long time, and a firm favourite of mine for close on 20 years now! Gives my age away a bit.Examples like the bullish engulfing pattern work like a dream, as do the abandoned baby and doji star patterns. find a book about candle stick patterns and you will be in for a treat.
0 Kudos