Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone have a record of the Matrices for HAR, GFI and/or ANG?

Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Hello all, I'm trying to backtest a strategy and find myself in need of this data. SB say they don't keep it and the Warrant Calculator is dangerously inaccurate. If anyone's been faithfully downloading the Extended Matrix or Daily Matrix for warrants over these shares, please contact me for your reward. Cheers!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
well firstly you going to need the startegy for back testing ? and surely not on the warrant side ? or am i wrong
0 Kudos
Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Yeah, I have the strat already, need the data to backtest it. It works (hopefully) on the warrants side.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
back test the underlying shares and just mulitply the trades by 4/5 for the gearing.
0 Kudos
Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion, John. I did try that but it gives only a rough indication. A positive one, but I still need to narrow it down to see what I'd get in practice, the tolerances are very tight on this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there would be no way to back test a warrant .. even if its done on the underling, there is just to must to take into Consideration
0 Kudos
Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Well, if you have the Matrix for the day you can check that against the underlying. That's why I want them.
0 Kudos