Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone have any comments on Emira Property Fund - EMI?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I owned this company for some time now but thought of adding a bit more to my portfolio, would like to start a discussion about it with you guys. let me know what you think, i will tell you what i think, etc... I like the interest payments, not that bad, and does quite well for my annual distributions. The fund i also like because it seems quite stable and consistent, the assets seems to be growing over time which is what i want.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
koos2
Super Contributor
Any tax implications when owning EMI regarding interest payments?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
interest is taxable, above the initial free amount that changes depending on age ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I'm lucky still, my EMI position is very small so the interest all falls under my tax-free allowance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see that Emira is part of the property index (PTXSPY) and I also notice that they have the second lowest DY of all the shares in this index. I can't say if it is bad or good, but it seems that SAC with a far higher DY is a better option. I might be wrong and you might know something I don't so I will monitor the comments with eagerness. I am looking for a few good income shares.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
turns out I am interviewing them tomorrow on JSEDirect on their proposed changes to the management fees ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
EMI is the only such property share i hold, i bought it many years ago and its done quite well for me, but i have other shares that had much much higher returns. interest wise the returns were higher a while back (if i remember correctly) but i like their strategy and portfolio, its also quite solid so capital growth seems quite consistent as well as income, i dont know that other one much, will check it out though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
O heng, when people start talking about management fees, take note.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Simon, is your interview going to be on a podcast as well on the website? I find it hard to listen to the radio when at home, but podcasts are cool? what would the link be? thanks!
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Study OST's Listed Property Research - Excellent. Emira was recommended by them for the last couple of months but they did not do so in the last report. Think it was because it is no longer very cheap. Check it out under research.
0 Kudos