Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone in the black this year?

Not applicable
Be honest guys, excluding any profits from the rebound off last year's lows, is anyone up this year? I am interested to see if it is possible to profit from this trading range we find ourselves in
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Not applicable
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the 100 000 into 1 million project is on track.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not personally in the black!!! But the guys I know who are, are trading intra day and max. over 3 days - no longer!!!! Tells you that you can make money, just need to be active and decisive - one day when I'm big!!!!
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Interest on the cash in my account... ie I haven't made a trade this year
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anglo followed a very nice pattern and was easy money.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ag Charty, you're just too damn good. But you'll buy us all a drink when it happens, won't you?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Oh.. and I'm going for my third million. Missed the first two.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dookie... you know how to make a small fortune... start with a big fortune! Just ask The Boys at ABSA capital.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
NOPE! 35K down for the year :(
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John ...thanks nice of you to offer...I know u live life vicariously but I would feel bad u picking up the whole tab...
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Awww... well. We tries our best you know.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Yes. GLD GFI and ANG and SOL have made me cash tho the positions I currently have open (AGL, SOL) are slightly in the red.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There will obviously be a few guys in the black.I would be more interested to have a comparison of how many are in the black and how many are in the red over a longer period.Forumites are more vocal when up,so I suspect we get a skewed idea of what's really happening.I have this horrible feeling that the majority go down and sink without trace,only to be replaced with other newbees,most of whom similarly disappear.I would like OST to give us some idea of the percentage of traders who make profit over time compared with those who are in the red.I suspect that we will never get these figures as it would not be in their interests to disclose that most lose money (even get totally wiped out) but it would be of general interest to all. Come on OST,let us know!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u know how companies use (often irrelevant inflated) stats to market their products?....u know 80% of dentists use XYZ toothpaste therefore u should use it too (conveniently forgetting that they get given bucket loads for free)...well this would be tantamount to saying... 100% of dentists use a dental drill therefore u should use it on your teeth too..only 95% of normal people end up hideously disfiguiring their face...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ah.. My fighting friend.. A drink is long over due..I am off to make a cup of tea now.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Yeah, made a good chunk on Gold at the beginning, but gave a bit back too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still in the green on a 3 month long trend-following Satrix40 short. Also made some good whack on an AGL trade off its 22 day EMA using the Elder play.
0 Kudos