Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone know what price to sell BIL at?

Not applicable
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and I mean as in now within the next ten minutes
0 Kudos
buyme
Contributor
i watched a programme in this week,where they were talking to fund managers etc. and their view was that it is the best investment both locally and abroad.Alsi why would you say it's the long term target? not trying to be funny since i see you've had a tough day ehind you..
0 Kudos
buyme
Contributor
sorry my mistake on the target story ,that's a different story altogether.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have had a very good day short from 3200 . took profit at 30050
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
When your stop-loss triggers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a few stocks u buy never to sell- BIL one of them!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
People (in fact more people) said tht about Enron.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Geezzz Alsitrader, you are now comparing Enron to Bil ? Dolphinshark I agree 100 %.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No maybe you did not read what i said. I said that people also said the same thing about Enron. There is a difference. It does not mean I am comparing them or suggesting BIL will go the same way. I am just saying that trite staments about shares has the habit of being shown to be wrong.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The point quite simply is that one cannot use trite sayings to make trading decsions. If you do not agree that one uses price then you should not be in the bussiness of giving anyone advice period. Of course if your time horizon is very long you may hold depsite very large movements and vice versa. You yourself have made this point. Its not clever to be argumentative just for the sake of it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha, something we agree on .. different people have different methods and time frames ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank goodness for that - I dont think I could take any more unpleasantness.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Unpleasantness ? What unpleasantness ? Remember what Simon said....we are in a pub mate, drink up..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jip, and don't tell me you are not chartist - because he used to hammer that debate all the time, with John staunchly supporting it. In terms of whether to sell BIL, my answer is the same as to every one of these types of question. If you have to ask, you shouldn't be trading it in the first place. If I, or anyone else, told you to sell right now, why would you believe us?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bil is now 1% lower than when we spoke - if you are long trem holder thats nothing - if u are trading a derivative could be 10 -20% lower.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think you will find that the advice provided was very useful.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys. PS. I don't believe that any share should "never be sold" because every now and then most or all information on the share would be priced in, making that share expensive. We need to buy and sell the right shares at the right times (needless to say that this is not easy)
0 Kudos