Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone long on MTN

green_goblin
Contributor
Anyone long on MTN
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
I was. Closed this morning
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Nope, I'm afraid you are the only one... :) Crikey, what an intraday collapse of the share price to R115.50 today!
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
still have a feeling this will be Round R 150 bye the end of the year, it is the stock most held bye fund managers, and surely they will wanna prop it up so they get there end of year performace Bonuses
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
MTN is a buy long term. In December the PE on this baby was 16.6 at a price of R100. Now trading at R 118 at a PE 12.8. This share is in other words now cheaper than it was after the credit crunch. It was punished after the Bharti fallout, which in my books was for the better. This company has huge growth potential outside SA. Give it five years and it will be trading above R200.
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
Kwgga if it trade at 200 in 5 years time thats only 13% pa simple intrest u call that a good investment
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
gave up on this stock some time ago.It always flatters to deceive- a highly underwhelming share, in spite of all the hype !
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Could be higher, but I like to be on the conservative side. This ressesion recovery will be slow, so expect a flat market till late 2010.
0 Kudos
Venturi
New Contributor
striker: if not optimistic on MTN what shares are finding your fancy?
0 Kudos
Alvin1
New Contributor
Jus got in at 119.40. Think it's still good value even short term...
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
boet R119.40 is bit to expensive for me i got in at 114.00 with a target 123.00, but also took warrents on this one and time decay can be a silent killer so might get out sooner , By the way simon on the subject on time decay is it true that knockout warets dont have time decay
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm pessimistic, the good bad news will have it's negative effect sometime...
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
All warrants have time decay. Since a knockout warrant is always in the money, the effect of time decay is reduced.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I remain optimistic about MTN in the med and long term - just due to personal experience. During the recent times of economic pressure people I know may have stopped eating at restaurants, stopped buying fancy new cars and houses. But, I don't know of anyone who has embarked on a strategy to use their mobile phone less... Our teenage son can't buy enough recharge vouchers with his pocket money (a the expense of computer games and clothes)
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Reality is Gareth,the affluent individuals represent a small percentage of their client base.Usage amongst their mass subscribers has declined in the current recession.
0 Kudos