Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anyone take in the HAR buy I suggested yesterday?

Not applicable
Looks like it hit the 88/89 quite quickly. With thank to the Yanks I guess an the Gold price up a little. Well if this is the case and we break resistance of 89/90 today this share has next resistance at 92/94. Everything still looks positive but a break/close above 89/90 today will confirm uptrend to 94
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
DA
Contributor
I had already gone long, so your note was some confirmation ... I'm holding out for 92, guess the gold price is the main driver that will determine if it breaks up further
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Watch the gold price. Broke 940s should test 960s next. looking good for another test of 1000, if it holds. HAR- looking good at 80. wait for a break above 92 then 100 then above to 110-115:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Of course intraday the USD weakens and the share takes a little slide to 85/87 before heading up again. Nice to add to the poistion for a longer up ;-)
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Got in at 8265 and punted it, through everything at it. Placed a stop loss and looking at getting out at 9200.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very nice entry, but everything at it...shhh dont tell the traders on the desk cause they might decide to take you out ;-)....Just kidding, Simon says the volumes are not enough to allow OST to do it and I think they are generally a bunch of nice guys, after all they make more money from us being here long term...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Pure luck, CPS. Gold could have gone the other way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rand strengthened to 7.90. Gold is still struggling to break through 940. The possibility of HAR dropping back down to 80 is more then likely!! :p
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Good SENS out and no Reaction to it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
If it's not news then why is HAR even considering? PAM did not have the capital and cash flow that HAR has. Also HAR got Backing From ARI, a mate of mine works at Arm and the rumour is PAtrice is pushing for a cheap buy on PAM. MIght leave it for future processing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R/Gold keeps dropping hey,not looking to good for now
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Snap 1 you've got the graph upside down...LOL. Gold has turned...HAR a good buy at these levels if you a 500 gain is what you are looking for in two days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, 80 looks like a solid bottom i.e good long buy. 72 is also possible!lol. I had bought previously at 78 and then at high 90 it looked like we were going to 110 for sure then gold dropped and even though future looked/looking VERY good it came down again. I see 78 here and if 78 comes why can't 72. Gold is now under R7300!!!Big drop coming....
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
I use a strategy similar to Simon's for trading Har on the hourly charts using the 233 and 322 EMA's to determine trend and trading breaks in the 144 EMA. Went short this morning. Initial target of 81 before I tighten stops. Looking good so far.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold has turned? Yoh we went under 8300 not long ago
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jeez, this rand strength surely does not aid the long trade very well. STO showing a near cross to sell but ROM is still a buy. So short term I guess take profit and add to longs as the price drops. Agree with Snap at about 78 but must break below 80 and the next suport will be 78 then down to 76 on 5 May. 72 was seen 20 April so might be a little low but not impossible in near term.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
The R/$ is not helping but why is GFI and DRD not dropping as HAR is?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looking very bearish on a close on support of 80. Almost like a bear channel is developing. 72 is soon to come. Gold not breaking resistance + rand strength = bad, very bad :)
0 Kudos