Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

App for OST

louisg
Super Contributor
Anyone know if an app is in the pipeline for OST?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes and yes ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The ony app I currently run is the Sharenet andriod app. Very cool, and it's free. Nice watchlist and news features.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
An ost app would be great! i was thinking this should be done for years now! i have a very cool one for TD Ameritrade that works like a charm, hopefully this app will be launched soon!
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Does anyone know if and when Standard Bank will offer access to trade on overseas markets like PSG. It would be a great offering to be able to diversify into a broader group of global equities, and have all in one share account.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
As usual, exchange control is the problem. We're living in the dark ages in this respect.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
official launch is next month, but ask the call center if you can get in early ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
phd, nop, your first R1million every year is paper work free and really that enough for most
0 Kudos
ianjames
New Contributor
Good to here
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Hope we get an android app for Easy Trader which I use every day. Obviously we will need something that is not dependent on SilverLight. Have a Galaxy tab that I use when I am in the countryside. When I leave the city for a few days I normally have to close out all my trades as I don't like setting a SL on trading.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
0 Kudos
antoniog
Occasional Contributor
Can't wait for app
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Simon, when i invested in USA several years ago i needed tax clearance certificates etc, has this been relaxed so that i can transfer cash without this?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, for R1m per year
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
AWESOME! now i am excited. that makes is so much easier to get cash overseas!!! :) :)
0 Kudos