Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ArcelorMittal mistake devastates

asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm sooooo sorry I got out of my short of ACL last week. I would've made a packet.I think this share is going to be punished big time tomorrow. Glad I'm not long in any form of SSF.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i agree. anyone holding ssf (long) on it must be quite nervous now... is anyone on this forum long ACL at the moment?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
There is going to be massive margin calls on the longs tommorrow. Serious stuff. Just puts the risk of open SSF positions overnight into perspective.
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
I'm not sure about that. Maybe, but I suspect this is so serious that it will be resolved politically. No way will ACL be allowed to fail. And I think this has been reflected in the price movement of the other players (KIO HVL). So, I will be buying if the price takes a serious knock tomorrow.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
Im just glad my EFT's have no exposure to ACL , just brings home the concept of diversification/and dangers of leveraged products...but i guess if you where playing by the rules - the 2% of your total capital then this set back is not so major - problem is people of over leveraged
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Yep, MO has a point. In the mean time until the issue is resolved, ACL will have to pay market related prices for their feedstock which means margins will take a klap. Share will take a knock tommorrow, pity because it had reversed and was on a nice bull trend, contra to a lot of shares on the market. They can be forgiven for the mining rights situation as they are not a mining company but, I seem to recall this issue raising its head about 6 mths ago and it seems they did not give it the necessary attention. Anyway, for some reason I got out of the share last Wed despite the bull trend. Maybe tweetie bird went "cheep cheep", I dont know, but I will look at buying again at lower levels. For those still in the share, best is not to panic. Remember the trend is your friend and because of this, the share may not necessarily take the big knock everyone expects.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what has mital steel london listing done?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they all trading as this is merely part of the local group which is only a part of the parent company ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
have they dropped on the news off shore?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they trade all over the world .. an nothing ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
My thoughs are, if ACL doesn't buy all that iron ore, who will? Looking at those stockpile figures, I wonder if there's not a bit of oversupply going on.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So, who's to blame at Arcelor ? Name them and shame them - this is a public company. Is this another Eskom without government backing ? Another domino to fall in the ever growing list of companies being run into the ground. Let's face the facts on this one. People at ACL involved with the Kumba deal screwed up on a massive scale. Just shows you how the wheel can turn on a CEO bragging that she headed the company when it made it's biggest profit ever a mere few weeks ago.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you listened to the CEO a few weeks back affter their results she was sayign scarey stuff .. when asked about eskom and the potential 35% increases her answer was that they hadn't looked into that dark corner .. If I was a share holder that comment would have made me sell immediately ..
0 Kudos
Barend_1
Occasional Contributor
Any possible fall tommorow?10%
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Article very negative! this oversight by ACL could have devastating consequences for the company and shareholders. I have two long positions and very concerned indeed.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Those who are going short, are you setting an entry price or going short on opening price?
0 Kudos