Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Are the SB filters reliable?

Victoria_1
Contributor
I got a filter showing that SHFABA has produced a gain of more than 3% during the last 7 days. The filter also says that SHFABA has closed / is currently on 9 cents. However if you look at the actual warrant then you see that it is currently on 15 cents and the last sale was on 22 June at 15 cents. So it seems like nothing on the filter is correct regaring this warrant. Can someone please explain the difference to me?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
It sounds to me like the right price according the matrix should be around 9c. I'm guessing that the 15c is an offer to sell that's been there for weeks, without the order being met. I suggest you call the issuer (ABSA) to get the price matrix for such a warrant. More important: this is a hi risk warrant. It's close to expiry, so time decay will eat you alive. Also if the price is that low, the issuer may soon stop making a market for this one. Pref buy warrants above 20c, and more that 60 days to expiry. I think this warrant hasn't traded for a long time, because it's just too risky to touch....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this warrant has zero value (albeit ABSA are buyers at 1c) and as such the filter is not going to give decent answers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, do u have any idea when we can expect the Warmap on 24.co.za to give accurate and complete data again? tsk tsk ...such a nice tool, still seems to be broken...
0 Kudos