Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Are we in for a repeat?

Not applicable
Seems Friday is a good day to watch for a Monday long. Last Friday we were hovering around same level of 450 to 500 points down by lunch and then we dropped the extra 400 to end 900 odd towards close. So anyone wanting to choose if we might repeat a similar pattern and then open like a volcano on Monday again? Just for the fun of it cause none of know what's actually going to happen ;-)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Brazen
Super Contributor
sigh, CPS, I really like to choose. I just wish I could get it right sometimes.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Just you anticipating it mean that it won't happen again. It's still fresh in everyone's minds. Money is never this easy to make, but I guess it's no sin to go long on hope.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Ti's better to be on the bench. This is way to scary for me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or know you entry and exits. Closed @ 30% profit. Had been shot since yesterday morn.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well a weekly close below 10800 on the dow would serrious
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well well well.. the yanks are either setting us up for an after hour sucker rally or all is not well in paradayse
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Truly. They seem to delight in ramping just after Europe closes.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we trade against the Yanks.. not with them.. once you get that it all starts to make sense
0 Kudos
Not applicable
seems we are bound to repeat a version of last week anyway ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS, in my experience, things rarely work out twice. Traders rode out the gap the first time, but I suspect that they will be a lot more cautious this time round. Whatever way you want to look at it, you have real conflicting info at the moment. The candle formation after the drop, gives a clear reversal signal (its a graveyard doji, I think?), and then we repeat the excercise with a reverse candle formation. Now, i have a system which says that if we pullback midway into the big up day on Monday, then you have yourself a really powerful long signal ( a graveyard doji that has been tested and held)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm tempted to enter and leave a long running over the weekend. However, the romour mills seem to be working overtime. Heard of strange things like Germany exiting the Euro and going back to Marks over the weekend. Anyway go figure . . .
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
how do you guys trade the ALSI ??
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Find or trade -> Find or Trade Indices
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i've started noticing how the world over, whole bands trading against each other,.. one puts in,. the other takes out,.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im in short for the weekend,. i know!!,.. mad,. but i have a feeling regards this euro talk,. i mean,. this is post bailout,.. whoo hooo, messy messy messy,..
0 Kudos