Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Argh!

niemand
Contributor
Taking a bath is this one. :-(. Ruling this as the cost of self education.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Mr_S
Super Contributor
May i ask what was your reason for buying this share?
0 Kudos
fng
Contributor
Well I bought when everyone said this was valued at the 4 to 5 rand mark, so what do you know, it was racing up towards that level and we all been caught with our pants down now!!! I having taking a huge knock with this one, definately school fees for life here!! Dont know how much longer i can hold on, hoping it will get back up, as my luck would have it I bought at the freaking top, R 3.05, talk about getting it all wrong.... o bugger :)
0 Kudos
fng
Contributor
O yes, it was also said that this company has very good management at the top, which will turn things around nicely, if i recall, so at the time things were all positive, how the plat. price was going to break the 1300 mark. It was all just a really big mistake i suppose...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Wez will find support at R1.95 and then R1.65.....did it fall through your stop? If so you may have to bite the bullet and wait or take the pain and sell....long term this share is set for more upside.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
long term more upside - it could not have more downside!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
It could still have R2.00 more downside.
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Trust me fng you are not the only person paying school fees on WEZ. I bough a year and a half back @ R7.78. At that stage I have not use Stop Losses and this share have cost me a lot. After the huge knock I had no choice than to keep it for my retirement one day. What was said about the share hold some water. Very good Management and it have very good growth potential within the next 2-3 years. But for now do not touch WEZ until the first trucks left for the melting depots. OMO
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
I bought wez for R1.20 & sold for R1.60. Buying to late & selling to early comes down to the same thing i suppose. Buying more of a share when prices drop lower your avg. price and enable you to get a profit much sooner than just sitting on it. Example got uuu for R26 & R6 after price-drop giving me an avg of 13.82. I then sold for R18. [just before it jumped to R28] Timing is everything is it not?
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hey, this is my hate share of all time. Bought at R9.00 something last year and bailed out (luckily) at R5.00. Lost R175,000. Will never never never buy WEZ again. So dont worry you are not the only one who made this mistake.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
It seems though that most of you bought for short term gains. Fundamentally i think this share is 'the bomb' long term! im hoping it stays very low for some time so i can accumulate more! I remember reading on the forum that you should not buy into this share if you are looking for huge price gains, before they go into production. Right now im buying in anticipation for its future prospects! which look great OMO
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
because I am an amateur wannabe day trader a.k.a standard bank platform funder,a.k.a moron, hoping (key word) for a quick buck (another key word). TKG is doing nicely though which is keeping me about level in value. Should have, could have but didn't. Sigh
0 Kudos