Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Armageddon

Rams
Super Contributor
Anybody selling before the 17 October debt ceiling issue.....I think a big sell- off on 16 and a rally on 17.... there maybe good set ups on TOPI daily and weekly next week or so....
0 Kudos
100 REPLIES 100
kwagga
Super Contributor
This is a storm in a tea cup at best.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes,as i understand it President Obama has a veto vote ,by which he can raise the Debt ceiling if all else fails....Possibly the Republicans wish to force into that move,then can blame him as things will continue to go wrong as with any government!
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
One-month shutdown could cost stocks 30%: Ritholtz. Plenty of scaremongering amongst commentators. A short-lived panic could give us some good buying opportunities. Arma(not)geddon outta here.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I'M short,but am thinking of selling!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
nice one klapka...easy to make money on the short with index futures, and buy those long term stocks cheaply....
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
The worst case scenario illustrated by several analyst painst a scary picture indeed, if it plays out as some of them say we will be in for a very very rough ride. However, human nature believes things will work themselves out...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the whole thing is a yawn .. in the end the politicians will do the right thing at the last possible minute ..
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
I'm not selling, but must admit that I am nervous if it does not play out the way i think it would... However, if one assume that they will get this sorted (at the last minute) I would expect the share prices to decline and perhaps pick-up momentum along the downward trend. Once sorted the reaction is likely to be very positive and prices would recover quickly and perhaps carry on along the positive momentum taking it higher than the previous high. I hope that I'm right...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
If markets went only upwards all the time, we all be very rich....maturity is when you position your strategy according to what the market does....beliefs and bias aside
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
early morning short covering?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
spike in volume on the 11.15 candle...buyers coming in...
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
What sort of targets are u looking at ?
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Closing those shorts this morning!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Looks like market happy to see Benanke go....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I have a feeling this is just a relief rally.It might be wise to have some shorts as a hedge.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
DOW up 175 points.....despite some poor jobs result
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
rams how much did u make today ??
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Spoke to my accountant who is heavily invested in the market. He says do not cash out. Simon makes sense by not getting caught up with all the hype.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
rams how much did u make today ??
0 Kudos