Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Armageddon

Preston
Super Contributor
rams how much did u make today ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
ramsie , how much did u make today dear ??? come sweety i dont want to marry a poor man. i want a rich hubby. can u wash dishes ramsie ???
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Ramsie, you sexy hunk of a boy.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Exiting at 38950,,,,,,,,,,now feels odd taking profits on the long.....if the Shut down ends, then , debt ceiling issue may not be an issue....is the bottom, up?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
WARNING!!!! The views expressed by call centre agent is not necessarily the views of Standard Bank.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So , this came in 3 mins ago.....republicans agree to raise the debt ceiling for six weeks , while shut down continues and DOW now more than 200 points up.....green close tomorrow and good long Setups possibly for next week.....
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
WARNING!!!! The views expressed by call centre agent is not necessarily the views of Standard Bank.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
I think that Preston and Preston my Husband may be talking to themselves on this forum soon...Rather talk to each other at home...You two guys are wasting my time continually opening and closing your troll messages...Please stop being trolls...I understand that you are both CA's...Not good for the profession, IMO. The guy you are taking on, Rams, has provided this forum with interesting thoughts on the way forward...You guys have not. IMO.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Read that the SNP500 is currently in the third Elliot wave in a bear market. Oct has never been known to be a good month. Maybe time to reduce exposure?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Stores, qualification has little or no relevance when it come to trading.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
thanks stores
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
S&P500 is many things, currently in a bear market it is not ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and Elliot Wave is many things in different time frames...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
had a look at weekly from 1995...SP500 is actually in wave 3 up in a BULL market...classic ABC correction started in 2000 and completed with "c" wave down with crash in 2009....the highs in march 2013 actually signalled the resumption of a bull market with confirmation with the high in september 2013.....a more factual and simplistic view on daily shows SP500 making higher lows since lows of 2009...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
got a trigger for a long on TOPI daily, with stop at 3818. Wait for confirmation Monday...now if get confirmation monday, will take the trade...debt ceiling , shut down, tapering before Ben leaves, no matter
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Rams, thanks for your continued posts. I went for the big swing trade (short) early in the week, and then closed in profit, but not nearly at the best level, around 38350. I know we can never time it absolutely perfectly, I've also got a new day job these days.. was also caught with the most recent upswing,expected the 'debt debate' to drag us down for a few more days leading up to 17th October. Think I'll check the graphs over the next few days and probably not trade until on or after 17th. Keep the posts coming, all the best. Ignore the trolls :)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
thank you stockwatcher...well done on "empathasizing" with the market and profiting....if you can keep a day job and still make money in the market, then thats the ideal combination...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
day trading and full time job = one of them suffers at best .. both likely suffer
0 Kudos