Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Armageddon

kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed. It's a terrible idea to try and juggle two jobs at once.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Disclaimer:•No postings on the SBG chat forum should be considered as investment advice. Any participating party is advised to obtain suitable independent professional advice prior to acting on information, advice or representations made on the SBG chat forum, as SBG provides no opinion or advice including investment, tax or legal advice and makes no representation or warranty about the suitability of any information posted on the SBG chat forum. SBG will only provide investment advice if specifically agreed to by SBG in appropriate documentation, signed by SBG. Thus, any information posted on the SBG chat forum is to be used at your own risk, and SBG makes no representation with regards to the correctness of the any information posted in the SBG chat forum. •Any posting on the SBG chat forum is the view of the persons making such posting who are not associated with SBG in any way, nor does SBG control the views and postings of such persons. SBG may monitor the content of the SBG chat forum to from time to time, but due to the public nature thereof SBG does not accept any liability nor warrant the content or correctness of any posting on the SBG chat form. SBG is accordingly not responsible for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any participant on the SBG chat forum. •The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using the SBG chat forum does not mean that SBG has endorsed such message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. •Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall SBG be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Day trade on the days that you not working.....but if you have a system, and you in stage 4 , and well connected with a fast smart device, look at the chart during your tea breaks, toilet break, etc, if you see a trade , take it....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ja, Rams, my idea of day trading is not sitting on a hard potty in a damp employer toilet and buying via a three inch smart phone screen. I'd rather sit in a comfy desk chair in an airconditioned room with a few on the mountians with three 20 inch screens in front of me, a perculator brewing in the background and a 40 inch LED screen with Bloomberg on, and don't forget the treadmill in front of the tele when things start getting boring.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Fair enough, but my point is that you should not wait around for an opportunity....when you see an opportunity , then seize it....having another source of income, affords you this luxuy......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
problem is that your trade setups are not scheduled to occur at 10,30 am during your tea break. So if you are periodically checking as a day trader with a day job - how are you going to keep the necessary focus on either venture
0 Kudos
Not applicable
problem is that your trade setups are not scheduled to occur at 10,30 am during your tea break. So if you are periodically checking as a day trader with a day job - how are you going to keep the necessary focus on either venture
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
The solution if one has a day-job is a long term portfolio that you focus on research and planning in the evenings or on weekends and maybe execute the buy/sell orders during office hours but it doesnt bother your day-job and your investing activities also get the time they deserve... just my thought but it has worked very well for me over the past 8 years!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simple, check during your tea break, no trade don't trade. And don't fret about the bills, your job with a guaranteed salary takes care of that.....also have other Setups for end of day trades etc....and imagine making your time on the loo profitable....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I agree with Skaap! I played around with SSF and Warrants, now and then very successfully, but other times i think a lack of focus because work stuff was busy resulted in loosing out on timing etc. now only long term for me until i can dedicate the whole day to the trading...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Spike on 15 min 12 candle.....and gap closed....green close today? My stop at 39200
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
another spike on 15.45..seems green close and confirmation for the daily....and in profit on intraday long...gap on the dow close and go on will seal this...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So, anybody else buying?
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
huge gap even larger profit today got kicked out on 12:15 candle...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
waiting for a retrace on the 15 minute
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
out of curiosity do you know what specifically caused this mornings gap?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
possible deal to sort out debt ceiling and shut down...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
ah it is the usa so my thinking to stay overnight made some sense. cool thanks man.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ALSI on the move again
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
got in @ 14:55 on 5 min candle 3pm candle lined up nicely. some nice easy money today after ages
0 Kudos