Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ascendis

Quakedog
Super Contributor
What's the call on this one? Looks aggressive to go to the top? Take a small stake and see or get in big?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Nice on to put on the radar screen. What would differentiate them for eg. from an Aspen?
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Aspen actually sells pharmacueticals. Ascendis just sells health-branded FMCG goods and medical devices.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
A friend has sold his business to them just over a year ago getting paid out in cash and shares. Last month having spent a fortnight with him while on holiday in Bot/Nam, a lot of time in the evenings was spent discussing shares in general and ASC in particular. Having had the "inside track", so to speak, I was the only one in the group who hadn't invested when it first listed . Yes, opportunity missed, however I still don't like, certainly no APN, got too many moving parts for my liking. They maintain it will get to R30 in the next 3 years.
0 Kudos