Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aspen

Big_Boy
Occasional Contributor
Anyone got any views on this share? I've been keeping an eye on it for the last month and think that long term it is a good stock to hold.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Aspen is currently under cautionary announcement, maybe that helped keep its price rising during the current economic crisis. I have shares since 2005 and it has been the most stable share i ever held. Only problem is that they dont have a very high dividend yield, but i think this is OK as it is a solid company with excellent growth. I agree that it is a good long term company and i plan to hold my shares... am also quite excited to see what the outcome of the talks will be.
0 Kudos
Big_Boy
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Werner for your opinion. Would you then say that it is a good or a bad time to buy SSF on this share? Am I right in saying that it is a risky time (as it is under a cautionary) to be trading this share or any derivative products relating to it?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am more of a long term investor, but i would say it is risky, the share price hasnt fallen at all since the crisis but this could be because of its defensive nature and the cautionary, i would wait for the cautionary to be cleared first, if the deal falls through who knows what could happen, maybe a drop in price could follow, but if there is a buy out maybe a surge to the specified purchase price, but its risky in my view to trade its share now, look at the swings we got on friday, down 9%, this could be quite a knock on a SSF.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
long term and SSF are two phrases that should never be used in the same sentence ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. 100% true!
0 Kudos