Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aspen

saint1
Occasional Contributor
looking at buying a cfd on aspen, going long. good idea or F*&^king mad?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Rams
Super Contributor
Long - why? ASPEN is a good short. Has completed 4 waves of BEAR trend and wave 5 far from over at almost 61.8% retracement.Stochastics weekly and daily oversold with no bullish reversal which means will go down further possibly to 100% retracemt to 73.68 .If goes below 8240 ,then on its way to the seventies.But remember can do a ABC corection of wave 4 which means a bounce back to 88.90 and then back down to the seventies. So I personally will go short at around 88.00 and tight stop loss at 90.00 cents.
0 Kudos
saint1
Occasional Contributor
thanks for the advice Rams,
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
poor and falling Relative Strength Index (peaked at 30% and now just below 0). Not a buy.
0 Kudos
saint1
Occasional Contributor
thx great charts, when you say not a buy do you mean short it or stay away?
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I am short on this share, reasons: Keeps on bouncing down from resistance level. Relative Strength Comparative is weak and showing a downward slope against the Allshare. RSI as above. These factors hold true for both the daily charts as well as the weekly charts. On the fundamentals DY is not to good, EY is not comparable against the indexes it is listed at. PE is 17+ . The consensus position is a sell. The market bounced upwards almost to 2% on some days this week, this share only lifts 1c on the day.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Go short at around 88.00.Stay away for now based on probabilties because if you go short now and bounces to around 88.90, you will be in the RED!I think...
0 Kudos
saint1
Occasional Contributor
another down day, will see what happens on monday, thx for the explanations,
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I will be closing my short and take my profit. The technical indicators I use show that Rams's view is starting to become more likely. Compliments to Rams.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
support is broken convincingly now.
0 Kudos
saint1
Occasional Contributor
broke 8240, will this still head towards the seventies?
0 Kudos