Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Assore- any thoughts on this share??

Frodo
Occasional Contributor
Hi all , Do you have any comments on Assore? Its fairly closely held by the Sacco family it appears and does not have any significant volumes.....R700 bucks a share is pricey......but is this just because the share is thinly traded? I suppose the question is should I be putting my cash into a BHP or similar stock....? Any comments appreciated!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
janne
Frequent Contributor
Higly illiquid, IMO never trade a share with less than 300 deals a day - many have been hammered too often on that score. It is too risky, whatever fundamentals and TA tells you. This one has 4 deals a day, so better to stay away. There are other companies in the sector to put your money on, just keep inside top 40 for starters.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Hold some ASR - low P/E ,consistently good div's (paid larger div's through the recent turmoil) I'm trying to add to my holding, but as you say hard to get hold of.Still think it's got good upside.OMO.
0 Kudos
Frodo
Occasional Contributor
Thanks guys, any other input would help!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I quite like low-vol shares with wide spreads. Figure out a price you like, put a buy order in for a month and forget about it. Sometimes you come up lucky. From a (very) brief look, ASR looks like it'll be spitting out great divs in a couple years.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Dirt cheap, stunning company. If prices return to '08 levels she will be churning out money. She houses half of ASSMANG. - CROME(+ALLOY) / MANAGANESE (+ALLOYS) / IRON ORE AFRICAN RAINBOW MINERALS holds the other half of ASSMANG (but she has vast additional interests.)And is far more diversified and 75% held by MOTSEPE + TRUST, ALAN GRAY, ... so also not the most liquid counter although she is in the top40 index. ARM IS TRADING 50% OFF HER HIGHS AND is fairly liquid. This is probably the better way to play ASSMANG.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos