Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Astral

MARTIN_1
Occasional Visitor
What's with this share ?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BC02
Super Contributor
Dont know much about the share, I just know that the impact of the droughts in America causing havoc on the price. That and food prices.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm including it in a preliminary list which keeping for recovery shares for 2013.....i don't think now is the time to buy and it might not get onto my final list which i shall publish in December
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I see further downside in all the stocks in this industry as there seems no relief from the high feed input costs for the next six months at least, added to that a 40% increase in cheap imports from Brasil. Energy costs are also increasing at a faster rate than inflation, and this item is also a major expense in both feed and chicken production.RBW,ARL & CBH has made me a fair amount of money,as I have shares in a business closely alighned to this industry, so i watch these counters closely, however, IMO, now is not the time to be piling in.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
The chickens are eating to many mealies as they are to exp. Haha Maize price is up to much and will be for a while. Stock up in my books as it will eventually recover. Also take note the Brazilian team is bringing in chicken which does not help. However I think over the long term it will do well as food will become scarce.
0 Kudos