Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

At the moment i,m finding it so much more peaceful....

barry_1
Super Contributor
....trading small and mid-cap resource shares,than trading warrants.I think not having overseas traders,automatic stop losses etc giving them extreme volatility helps....Of course the fundementals must also be right....On my watch list starting on the 9/3/09 SNU has incresed by 50%,CZA has increased by 72%,PET has increased by 41%
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
barry_1
Super Contributor
Fron the same date MTX has increased by 68% and awhile longer since Jan JBL has increased by 70%....i hold them all.....Remember to do your own research as u must know why they are running and when a reversal is likely....They lend themselves to having ALERTS so that u can take action and not loose a packet ON reversals....THIS IS REALLY ONLY MY OPINION!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Interesting is that all these shares are coming off their lows and are now at a quarter to a third of their former high prices.So in my opinion only a great deal of upside still exists....I am also watching MMH which now seems to be better run operation and becoming profitable again.I hold none at present.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Barry - what's your view on Aquarius plat.(AQP) ? It's also a smaller mining outfit,and has rallied strongly over the last month, after a positive trading update. What do you think?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Striker,There are possible plans to open the Everest mine again and will only be implemented in June....In the mean time its costing them five million Rand per month....There is no further subsidence,in any case the subsidence took place in a worked out area of the mine.At the moment investigation teams are looking at new access routes into the mine through safer areas....Of course as the platinum price is unfavourable at the moment,its probably a plus that they could pay off their workers with the excuse that the mine had to be closed for safety reasons!....My town Lydenburg has been devestated by the closing of the mine ars most of their workers stayed here and did their business here.,,,Gosh i hope i've not said too much!
0 Kudos