Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Auto Log Off and Charts

Ray_1
Occasional Contributor
Simon, this is really starting to irritate the hell out of me. I am the only one on my PC, the only one with access to it, is their any way i can disable the session time out ? and one other thing before your upgrade, clicking on the charts button would open a chart in a new window which was great, since i run two monitors. Now it opens it in my current view over 'My Portfolio' window, is there any way to set this. And one last thing the humungous arrows now in the 'My Portfolio' page is distracting ....
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Time out can not be set by individual users. Charts - mine still open in a new window, alternatively right click the link and select - open in new window.
0 Kudos
Ray_1
Occasional Contributor
so how about an option to lengthen the time-out feature, to say a max of 8 hrs ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ray I quite agree about the timing of 15mins per session especially being the only one able to access my computer. It is frustrating to have to run to the computer every 15 mins to refresh if you are wanting to keep an eye on things as that is all one ends up doing. At least an hour would be great. Why should OST be a nanny. If you are vulnerable to someone else messing with your website, then log off and don't queer someone else's pitch by your negligence.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ZIRCS....OST knows whats good for you...in any case how dare you be so disrespectful to big brother? You will get us all into trouble...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seriously though...the decision to do this while an improvement shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of how people actually use this site...looks like you OST couldn't fix the previous disaster and just used the internet banking module...OST just in case you don't understand we are trading here not doing our banking....
0 Kudos
Biker
Occasional Contributor
I also agree. Change it please!
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
dittooooooooooo, how about a vote Simon?
0 Kudos
Biker
Occasional Contributor
Voting seems like a good idea-but not if the votes channel through OST!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
simpler would be to treat us like adults ....I would be happy to sign some kind of indemnity waver to have the auto log out removed completely...
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Or just move your portfolio to someone else, like PSG.im tired off asking OST for help, i know they wont miss my few thousand rand off fees every month bt at least i wont have to beg anymore...my Price streamer just never works properly!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes on the price streamer...if we don't get some kind of refund for all the times this thing isn't working I am canceling...we are paying and you are not delivering the service...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My 2c for what it is worth is that this is a Standard Bank wide issue. They have little or no respect for their customers. I have open complaints on my personal, business and home loan accounts and quite frankly they don't seem to give a *****. Sure it is easy to say transfer to another bank but it is quite an expensive and time consuming exercise to move. After years of being a loyal customer I now am getting the single fingered salute.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Dont worry..Simon wont even react, OST realy peed me off with the whole Umunti thing..treating us like big brother..telling us at what price to sell and not to sell, my broker at PSG just laughd when he heard about that story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes something has happened ...not just at SFM but with the whole of Standard...cant put my finger on it but I detect a whiff of arrogance in the air...instead of taking things on board the first reaction is an adversarial one....SFM has grown its customer base at an incredible rate suppose they can afford to lose a few customers...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
We will be extending the time out to 30 mins. The reason for the time out is open sessions that are not being used clog up the system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is a case in point where the IT department is running the show. Yes open sessions do take up resources...but not much...not enough to make a difference in 1 trading day. Most on-line systems utilise a recycle period whereby inactive sessions are returned to the pool once every 24/48 hours. I have brought this point up before...don't let the IT guys bul1s#4t you.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Yes thanks, the increased data load is aggravated by the clients trying to refresh or login persistently
0 Kudos