Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

B and W IE IPO

spacy
Contributor
R5000.00 at R1.00. Is there any money to be made. Has anyone reseaced this one. Has any body from the forum bought this IPO. Let us know.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Samir
Super Contributor
Applying for R5000 is a waste of your time and money. u will prob get only 10% of your application. Your broker will make more monay than u.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bit low in the bucks but applied for 50000 hope for the best, from what info I could get it looks very promising, long existing company "in the money" with all the big heavy weights as clients IMP, BIL, SOL, AGL....... Excellent financials and a lot more to come
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
applied for 80K but I think it will be way over subscribed, lets see how many I get.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Think it should do well, but due to over-subscription i didn't bother to buy pre-listing. I'll wait for listing day and put in a buy for 95 cents.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ABuzz......only problem with your plan is in my experience with the more promissing looking new listings is that it will probely never see the 95c mark more like the the R1.95 ........at opening at least
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Applied for 50k... bargaining on a 10x over subscription... so will get 5000 shares... sell them at R2.00 at the opening... 100% profit... now all we need is world peace and Booby Skinstad as Springbok captain!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well Skinstad is playing again ...so who knows !!
0 Kudos
MoMoney
Occasional Contributor
For Simon: Why do they take your full subscription bid amount up-front? Are we earning interest on that money in the interim before finalisation of how much you will be allocated? Damn hope so!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MoMoney, because if you get your full allocation we want the money. So we block full Rand value. An yes you get the interest as the money remaisn in your account - just that you can't spend/with draw it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does anyone hav an idea as to when we will know whether our application for subscription was successful or not?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we will hear in a day or three.
0 Kudos
Abundant_Lifest
Occasional Contributor
Simon, any news yet on the allocations for this IPO?
0 Kudos