Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

B and W IPO - Apply Here - Closing Date 12:00pm Friday 15 June 2007

Samir
Super Contributor
Yipeee... I applied for an amount in excess of the value of my cash in my account. Logical since the IPO will be over subscribed. I am putting my head on the line here and am predicting a 5% allocation. This means that I expect the sponsors to get applications for R1.2bn. Lets see in a few weeks time how it works out.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Thombo
Contributor
From what I know you not be able to apply for more that what you have got in cash in your account. That cash amount is resereved until your allocation is granted. So don't get too excited else everyone will do what you have done. If I am wrong please let me know - thanks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can only apply for the amount of cash you have.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
What if you apply but transfer the money into your account before Friday. Is that ok?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I quote "Due to the small size of the IPO ( R30 million ) and the expected over subscription, your allocation, if any might be small." Considering the above how do i know how much cash to make available ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how do i know how much cash to make available - you don't. The cash needs to be in immediately or we will cancel the request.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
analyst, point is. If the money is going to be in by 12 on friday, then apply whent he money arrives. It makes no difference when you apply.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Did an application yday for R100k. Based on what Simon says, that will be cancelled as I have insufficient cash in the account. So now, I just did an app for R39k because that is how much cash I do have. Hopefully, the R39k will be processed and the R100k will be ignored.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
Simon I applied for a certain ammount above what was in my account? Then I sold some shares. But I am still in negative. So does this mean my order was processed or what?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks, please contact the call centre with these sorta questions. 0860 121 161 They have all the answers nice an easy, and can adjust etc.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Gees Samir , We are you bring to light all these loophole..(LOL)
0 Kudos
anonym
New Contributor
but does anyone have an opinion on the share?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
anonym - see the other posting on this one for opinions
0 Kudos