Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BAN Georgem

CrownA
Super Contributor
Sorry I missed the joke, who is Georgem?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
true, just look at the performance of the SA cabinet....
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Why yes, if you're black, the ANC's education programme is way better than the old one. There is still a wide chasm between white education and black education; mainly due to the economic imbalances of apartheid and the ANC not having the balls to make education free. Perhaps not an overwhelming success, but the quality of file of many people have improved with electrification and access to fresh water, not to mention all those that have benefitted from the BEE system. No, Zuma has to go to court but I'll let the court decide whether his guilty or not. How many more years we can blame Apartheid? It's much easier to destroy things than to rebuild them. It took two generations to destroy them it will probably take a lot more to undo all of that. Yes, the plight of the blackman is way better. They're no longer confined to the reserves and the townships. But sadly, the government isn't there for the people, it's there for businesses and the economy ... which is probably why we didn't see a real change in the economic imbalance.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Jy sit die pot mis boet! Government is there only to line their pockets and own bank accounts, like in most African countries.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh shut your face striker, the daily psycho-babble of the doubters is annoying. be proud of your country for once.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Supremacist!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your first statement was preferred.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Hotty-1 - thanks for that most intelligent,insightful piece of wisdom. Based on that kind of contribution, I dont believe you're up to an intellectual discussion !!
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
I'm with you on that one
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Intellectual? A fruitfly would post more intellectual posts than you. Your Nazi type statements don't help anybody, expose ur ignorance. The freedom that you enjoy today is because of the same "good for nothing" ANC and Zuma that you hate. Zuma has done no worse than a Bill Clinton, FW de Klerk, Tony Blair or any Western leader u know. That is why i say you don't understand investors and the markets in general. If good governance brings in investors, explain the middle east, china etc. Investors go where they will make money period. There you are licking investor a** talking about they are leavign coz of Zuma. I'm sure black people can groom CEO's to take over from non-patriotic, Australia heading GeorgeMs ans Strikers. So pls, if you not happy leave the country, other white people who see opportunity will come in and replace the blind leaving ones. I hope i am not banned for my freedom of expression.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Get ur facts straight Hott 1 . Im not going anywhere. Im probably just as patriotic as u are ( Different direction though), only ur probably still too wet behind the ears to have an opinion about something like this cause 10/1 you havent seen enough of the truth or dont want to. Maybe u a BEE puppet?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It would be really nice if we were all sitting at Chartist's trading cafe... Then we would be watching a massive brawl in the mudpit while buying our futures and sipping our KoolAid... Funny thing is, with all the mud, we wouldn't even be able to see the colours of the combatants' skins...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As I've always maintained on this forum, whats coming is a class war not a racial one. However when I say "class" I am NOT including one hit wonders whose mentality still belongs in the other camp even though they have an X5 and an estate house. Problem with us South Africans is that most of us here have been brought up in the midst of apartheid and hence confuse class and intellect with race. I am sure you put 2 (1 black & 1 white) S Africans who are both intelligent and successful AND self made...that they will get along like the broederbond.OMHO
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
u no wat? firstly, aparthied was really really bad obviously, and i think it is only right to give those who suffered a chance to get back on thier feet, its only right, that yal gotta admit, but look there is no point in having afirmative action when people dont stand up and do things for themselves, i mean dam i owned a garden service company, my guys used to work, when i offered this guy a job on the side of the road, not only did he steal our tools but he was plain lazy! the main point im trying to make here is that you can have BEE but if ppl are lazy that wont help a bit! and i dont agree on this thing thats happening in sport abt putting ppl in jus cos of thier colour, i mean really, thats jus being stupid and that has nothin to do wit afirmative action, it just plain irresponsible, one should be chosen cos of his skill in the game FULL STOP! thats why other players tend to undermine players of colour who are selected! which is both degrading and unfulfilling, im sure no one would like that...mr s has spoken :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pls spend one month in Alexander without your daily trappings and come back and say what you are saying. I used to say the same thing you are saying, until i volunteered as a doctor on Sundays for two years and saw what apartheid really did. So I no longer blame the Zumas of thhis world because if we as White people hadn't instituted apartheid, passively/ actively supported apartheid, most prob Zuma wouldn't be so popular. Why do we think so many people support him, are we saying they are crazy, or do we think he got voted in by our domestic workers/ garden boys etc. Let us stop this mentality and open our eyes. There is plenty of opportunity here. Do you hear Americans leaving their country because of economic downturns, crime, "unpopular" leaders. Never, they stay and fight in their own country. Until we as whites treat this as our country we will always be firstly Europeans and secondly Africans. Where is the patriotism there? We will alaways be whiners, while this country grows, thinking nothing can happen without us. Flawed thinking. Disgusting. I won't participate in this discussion anymore.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Well said hott 1, well said
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
georgem you are wrong about bee, you are focusing on a few bad examples, there are many brilliant white business men that have used bee to their advantage and have taken their businesses to another level, it sounds like you missed the whole bee train and you are now pissed off. also it took india 50 years from independence to get where they are today.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Skala - what you said would be sadly true, if you hadn't slipped in the word African.
0 Kudos