Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BARRY- where do you get your info

Not applicable
where do you get your info on dividend dates as the site has only for the coming months -thanx
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi LN, When opening the website u arrive on the home page.If u look under your shares then SENS has the latest news there.Of course its more difficult for derivitives,then i look unde LIVE PRICE of the shares backing the derivitives at least once per day.To get the old history of shares,the present payout and the next payment i go to SHARE PROFILE.They are a bit tardy in putting in the present pay out when its not one of the most active shares.There is also NEWS SERVICES with SENS HEADLINES which can be read daily.I hope this helps,please ask any further questions u may have or if this is not address your query.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
PS...nextresults due can also be found under COMPANY PROFILES.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BARRY do you trade closer to the day it is declared published or the payout date or ldt
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
My trade with PPC is an installment and therefore i shall share my stratergy for dealing in installments and shares with you.This information is very delicate as insider trading is illegal.How ever we find that suddenly a share starts to run awhile before an update trading statement is issued ,which usually means some one knows something(nobody has been successfully prosecuted for insider trading as far as i know,as it is difficult to prove).One must watch the volumes etc.I can buy my share up to three months before a dividend is payed,usually the final one.I trade the larger capital shares as they are more liquid and easier to get out of in a hurry if necessary.I usually keep the share till after the LDT date as there is minimal tax on dividends.Some time after declaration date a share falls back only to rise again towards the LTD date.
0 Kudos