Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BATS - Keep on smoking

kwagga
Super Contributor
Very happy with this big boy....
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Likewise,every year when I go to Europe I come back and realise that doesn't matter what legislation they put in place, the puffing still goes on. What really amazes me the number of young people, especially girls that smoke, far more than in this country.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Girls in SA smoke a lot, they are just inhibited to do it in the public eye.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Shares like BATS and SAB should form the foundation of all equity portfolio's.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Please believe me, nothing like they do in Italy, France and Switzerland, can't speak for the other countries.Girls and Ladies there leave ours scratching around looking for matches while they open another packet, really ours just not in the same league. An argument that I often have with my cousins there, is the way they faf over GM food, and this or that must be organic, yet they smoke themselves to death.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How far are they with legalizing the green stuff?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I guess, if they get that right. The share will quadruple
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
The writing is on the Wall - and while one can pop up to the first class lounge for a late night drink the future for the tobacco industry titanic is in no doubt and no amount of "belief "is going to move the iceberg out of the way...Reinet is pointing hte way...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Iceberg maybe, but a very, very slow melting one. So slow in fact that it's virtually impossible to see it in the results sets.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I doubt whether you will ever see it in the results - but you might be reading a notice of discontinuance of operations at some point when you least expect it...
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I believe you - what I've found the stuff smoked there is highly potent and seemingly way stronger than what is released here by our smoking monsters, save for the zoll smokers from the Cape Flats.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, 650 bil sticks annually is not going to disappear anytime soon. I'll enjoy this ride while it lasts thank you.
0 Kudos