Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BEE deal good for Litha?

Orli_Essers
New Contributor
Any views on whether the BEE deal that Litha are hoping to enter into will add the value investors are hoping for?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
topgun
Super Contributor
What value would that be? Is a parasite (even a legislated one) ever beneficial to its host as it invariably multiplies and eventually consume the latter?
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
well put topgun. I hate the idea of a BEE partnership. the only party standing to benefit can be the BEE parasite.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Not all BEE deals are diamonds. Remember Sasols BEE deal.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
What a waste of time and money...arnt these transactions extremely expensive? What are the credentials of this BEE company?? as soon as i start hearing some cadre's ill be reconsidering my investment in Litha....to be honest i hoped for an announcement regarding an acquisition not some dumb BEE transaction...no value added here! OMO
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
On the other hand it may increase Litha's chances of getting larger tenders...maybe???
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Mr S - The GVT already have a stake in one of the business units, they weren't able to add the value that Litha thought they would. in fact, they cost the company money as they didn't come through on tendures that they had promised. I really cant see how a BEE partnership would benefit them from a tendure perspective, or from any perspective really. I too was hoping for an announcement re an acquisitions - im sure this will still come though. In the mean time, I'm still quite bullish on the company.
0 Kudos