Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BEG Preference Shares

Marno_1
Regular Contributor
I have a question that I hope someone can assist me with. I have received some BEG PREF shares. Will this share have a share value like a ordinary share later on? Currently my portfolio show I have the shares but with a zero value. There are however buyers and sellers on the share.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
They have zero value as they haven't traded and today is the first day. Either as soon as they trade or at the close tonight there will be a ruling price. In the mean time you can set your portfolio to value you shares at bid price rather then ruling.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, nah. They been around for a wghile - but never traded? So will seemingly only have a ruling price when they trade. The bid value option will still work.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I think they were valued in the offer at R1,07 if my memory serves me correctly?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trade went through a bit ago at 105c and should now reflect with a value in your portfolio.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Simon, I also have some that have cropped up in my portfolio, do I have to action anything?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not as I understand. They have no end date, so you hang on and maybe sell one day?
0 Kudos
Lofty
Occasional Contributor
I opted for the preferential share allocation as this was the default, (option 2). My preferencial shares were sold on the Aug 10 without me authorizing it. Scary that something like this can happen / be allowed. Anyone else have the same problem, or am I off the track. Rgds
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
I have send a mail to OST and the option is still there that you can convert 1 BEGP share for 7 Ordinary Beg shares.(As indicated in a previous sense) I have put in my request so I will see what will happen.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Lofty, interesting that you were given Option 2 as the default, cos I was given option 1, the cash option as a default, which was what went through on the 10th.
0 Kudos
Lofty
Occasional Contributor
ABuzz, I asked "[email protected]" what the default was as I was not sure & I received an Email from them stating that "option 2" was the default, so not sure now at all. I sent them a mail this morning asking to advise but so far no reply. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Lofty
Occasional Contributor
ABuzz, I got it wrong, in my personal preferences I ticked the payment in cash, that's why I didn't get the shares. My fault for sleeping. Cheers
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hi. Cash was the default. If you opted default, you got money (reflected on your portfolio as a sale of pref shares).
0 Kudos
dreamer
Contributor
The nicest thing about these preference shares is that the cost that either through cash offer or preference share options it brings down the unit costs for shares. I am thinking of converting the preference shares. But could someone please tell me how to do this. OMO
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Dreamer according to OST you send a E-mail to [email protected] and then they do the convertion for you.
0 Kudos
dreamer
Contributor
Thanks. Any ideas if I should convert, sell or keep the Beige preference shares.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
dreamer, they're trading at over 170 cents, if you still have the option to get the pref shares, they are definitely the best option. That is nearly 60% up on their estimated listing price of 107c.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what's the deal/payment on these prefs?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos