Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BEST BROWSERS

jack12
Super Contributor
Out of curiosity, What browsers do you guys and gals use?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Firefox for OST and Google Chrome for the rest...
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I worry about OST as they have said the they do not support Google chrome. They seemed out of their depth when I contacted them about using the browser
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chrome is built on the safari architecture and that doesn't work with our security system ..
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Do any of you guys perhaps use opera mini and log onto ost from your mobile's every now and then? Seems to be quite unstable though.. One moment it works next it doesen't ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I use opera mini on my nokia E71 .. never had a problem with it, cept for when I try and run too many processes and the phone crashes ..
0 Kudos
Spike
Contributor
Mozilla Firefox
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
has anyone tried Namoroka Alpha new Firefox? or Opera?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Internet Explorer 8 on Laptop and Opera on Samsung Omnia.. Works perfectly...
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Namoroka - still in development , stick to 3.5.2 for now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It seems I cant get into OST with Explorer if I have Skype open, not sure but...but seems to just freeze some of the time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It seems I cant get into OST with Explorer if I have Skype open, not sure but...but seems to just freeze some of the time.
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
I have noticed in the morning around 08h50 and about 10h00 the site runs slow and i battle trying to buy and sell and the site is so busy it takes 10 mins to make a trade... at the same time i surf other sites just fine, after about 10h00 this site responds normal again....
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Every now and then when i log into my account from opera it gives up some error that it couldn't open up the page, whether thats a problem with vodacom or ost i wouldn't know :) Are u guys able to select the live button and refresh on opera because i find when i do that it still gives me the delayed prices?
0 Kudos
S2000
Contributor
Wonder if anyone can answer - Use Firefox on work PC running XP - absolutely no problems using OST. Problem is using same version of Firefox on my laptop running Vista and major problems. All menus on OST are non functional and then completely freezes up. Anyone else hav this problem??? More importantly anyone know how to solve???
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I have had a lot of problems with Vista, on HP 6710 and Bell latitude, changed them for XP. When I open the price streamer in Opera it is not floating.
0 Kudos
S2000
Contributor
Roll on Windows 7, lets just hope its not more of the same .....
0 Kudos