Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BHP Billiton begging to be shorted

Not applicable
Brazen, u are without a doubt the cruelest of the lot...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thank you C. A girl likes to be appreciated.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Is it just me or is the running total now a 1/4 of a mill in the red?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Is that how much Skippy is in the red? geez!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Jaysus. I just reread the initial post - 25 contracts short.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Is it me or is it 25k not 250k? R10 x2500 shares?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
reckon he's skipping out of here.....
Least resistance would have netted R250 today. of course with hindsight.
Also, skippy, dont take it personally as we've no idea how you went about ur trade but in my context im buying.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know how he did it....he did what ge thought were all the right things ...he applied conventional wisdom mixed with a little TA theory...he even applied the law of physics....hell he may even have attended a SFM market outlook presentation where they talked about taking profit on BIL...the thing he didnt do ...which is the only thing he needed to do was look at the price....he did all the right things ...but unfortunately the market doesnt like smart asses
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know how he did it....he did what he thought were all the right things ...he applied conventional wisdom mixed with a little TA theory...he even applied the law of physics....hell he may even have attended a SFM market outlook presentation where they talked about taking profit on BIL...the thing he didnt do ...which is the only thing he needed to do was look at the price....he did all the right things ...but unfortunately the market doesnt like smart asses
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Guess there goes my cred out the window, jeezzz and im a numbers person!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Guess there goes my cred out the window, jeezzz and im a numbers person!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nah! added to the drama. 25k is still a chunk of cash.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Interesting that DOW and TOP40 gave me a buy on Thur and Fri based on Trending and looks like TOP40's going to give another one today. Barring the odd small correction, plenty of upside... Well at least for the mo.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well I hope so.. what is interesting to me, is the rising commodity basket prices in all curencies.ie. not just dollar weakness.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
and so at the end of the day he lost the S and became Kippy the, na, could be me or you next.roflmao
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Just keep to your strategy mate, dont listen to the noise!!!
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
Skippy, I hope you were joking about your 25 contracts. Otherwise I hope you covered your short position yesterday. BHP isn't stopping any time soon.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Skippy! please tell me you did not hold those Shorts.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Up about 5% in Sydney, those Aussies just love mnr kloppers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No of course I didn't John. That's why there is such things as stop loss. Closed out my position just before the close yesterday. Looking to re enter that short on a close below yesterday's high.
0 Kudos