Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BHP

Starsky
Frequent Contributor
Can we expect a furtehr slide tomorrow on this share in view of the mining tax which will be imposed by the Australian Gov ? Any comments on where we can see BHP at end of this year ? Is R300 a possibility ? regards
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
off 2.5% or so in OZ ..
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
why is the share down? is it because of the oz tax? They are giving me red eyes this morning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems to be,. but is greece etc = trouble for the world, then Iron = no sales= share = tank,.. Mittal had to know something!!!
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Why is Anglo so much stronger last few days?
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
More downside here I think for BIL, Half of BHB business in AUS. Anglo is a better play for now, for me screw them both and get SASOL.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an down anoother 0.94c in OZ, closing at 38.59 ..

an did anybody spot the comment from the Ozzie PM about how the minerals under the ground belonging to the Australian people ?? ala the freedom charter ??
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Isn't it just electioneering, and a watered down super tax be "negotiated" with big business AFTER the election?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
most likely, but something likely to happen ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
A source tells me that it is an election ploy as the labour has not enough votes to get the 40% increase through the upper house at the moment.After the election when the dust has settled they will probably all settle for a 10% increase.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
PS that will then make BIL a roaring buy!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But it may start a trend. SA to follow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BAILOUTS have changed this capitalist world,. or as such shown us its communist underbelly,.. MORE TO FOLLOW,.. MITTAL had to know something!!
0 Kudos