Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BIL warrants !!

Kappie
Contributor
Do you guys trade BIL warrants at all ? I new at this game so all info accepted with thanks. I bought some BILSBF so we will have to see how they do.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Kappie welcome i dont trade warrants at all to complicated for me i rather trade SSF easier to understand and no time decay and all that rubbish.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I traded a few. Better not to hold them too long cos of time decay. Use the matrix, not the calculator. Easier also to use Standard Bank warrants trading from this site.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
asylum, do you currnetly hold any BilQ SSF, I was short then changed position to long on monday. what ur outlook in Bil?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Anthony yes i do have bil ssf went long a couple of weeks ago and still holding was also long ACL but got out yesterday @ R 149.00 now just holding the ACL shares. As for bil i think still up in the medium term will hold until downturn is confirmed. omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In simple terms how does SSF work? Is it a safer trade than warrants?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I agree that SSF are more easy to understand and trade for short term. asylum, what confirms the downturn on Bil? I think support is at 125 now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
KIM, no.

Wealth warning : Trading futures can offer significant returns BUT also subject you to significant losses if the market moves against your position. You may, in a relatively short time, sustain more than a total loss of the funds placed by way of initial margin or deposit with your broker. You may be required to deposit a substantial additional sum, at short notice, to maintain your margin balances. If you do not maintain your margin balances your position may be closed out at a loss and you will be liable for any resulting deficit.
We highly recommend that you be conversant in share and currency trading before trading in futures.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
correction support at 222-225
0 Kudos
Kappie
Contributor
Thx, for the info. I think i need some more training at this.
0 Kudos