Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BIL

Russ
Super Contributor
is in a symmetrical triangle.Yesterday it touched support before moving up sharply and today touched resistance before dropping back.It is worth watching because a break out of this formation usually leads to a strong move in that direction.The question is which way will it break? I am still long and hoping for a break upwards.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Brazen
Super Contributor
I think you are right Russ. And I am really p***ed off I missed entry yesterday at 180ish. Had a great run on BIL a few weeks ago when I went long when it hit support at 175. Was waiting for 180 but sh*t came up and I wasn't around.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi B.I was about to post to ask if anyone knew where you are.I miss your humour.Where have you been?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
On a top secret mission. I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill SimonPB.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Putting the TA aside,I am always surprised how BIL seems to lag behind AGL.Based on the opinions of all the experts,BIL is superior to AGL,in all respects.Why is AGL running this hard,when it passed it's div.not long ago? I see no reason for it to outperform BIL, at this stage. Am I missing anything here ??
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
AGL fell further than BIL during the Great Cr@p Fest.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Don't tell then.If Simon wasn't here who would be left to trash gold shares?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Sure Brazen,but it's recovered far better than BIL,despite passing it's div's and spooking the market.People have short memories !
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Aren't there eco-boffs on the forum who can work out the relative recovery of the two? Not sure that AGL has recovered to the same degree as BIL.. . sigh . . .. will go and look. Get back to you in a couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Brazen - here are those details over the past year; AGL low R134.20 on the 3 Mar. 2009. Today's price R219.00,a mere 2.5 months after the low.63% recovery in 2.5 monyhts ! BIL low R119.80 on the 20 Nov. 2008.Today's price R190.00,a recovery of 58.6 %,but over a 5 month period ! Bil. is lagging.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks striker! But don't you also have to look at their respective highs? Not just the recovery from the lows?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
only if your trying to determine the relative size of the fall...1
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Brazen - sure but that would be a lengthy exercise.I'm pretty sure though,that it would confirm the trend that AGL has outperformed .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
2 weeks agp agl started to outperform Bil for the first time since 2006 go check MM
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ya, john, did get that chart - thanks. Just making sure striker is concentrating.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
bil is above all ema's.for it to fall through it's support i mentioned above it also has to fall through its 100 and 200 ema.this is why i am cautiously optimistic about the break coming to the upside.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Russ - not personally into the TA stuff, but how does AGL look according to your charts ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It might be the takeover ghost running again. A couple of their current corporate activities might also be hinting in this direction.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Appears to be a good up channel for the last couple of months.It is just hitting resistance now and support at present is at about 195. Overbought at present.Should see a pullback, but don't listen to me!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Referring to AGL,Striker.
0 Kudos