Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BIL

Russ
Super Contributor
Are we in falling knife territory again?Yesterday's tech report says that if BIL falls below its next support at 194.25 it could fall back to 117.01.What a short that would be!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip Russy. IMP the same, nowhere on the charts now til it hits the late 170s, a way down. So could well be in for quite a significant downleg on the TOPI and ALSI before we start knife circus tricks. Dusting off sequin leotard as we speak.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip Russy. IMP the same, nowhere on the charts now til it hits the late 170s, a way down. So could well be in for quite a significant downleg on the TOPI and ALSI before we start knife circus tricks. Dusting off sequin leotard as we speak.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And, yes, I do like to say things twice. That is because what I say is actually very important. Thankyou.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Brazen.Good to have you back.I'm curious to know where you were during your long absence.Maybe there are just too many other exciting distractions in Knysna?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm wracking my brain to come up with some exciting details for you. But, so far, nothing. Mysterious.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I wouldn't hold my breath for that short. We need some defining moment in history to get us to 117. A big event like a bankster concentration camp in Germany - That just came off the top of my head.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Geez K. Something like that would surely see a market surge! Dancing in the street.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Contrarian thinker - You could be right. I like the way your mind works !!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Against all ods - going long. ( bil & imp )
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I notice that everyone is very bearish on the alsi, what factors or technical indicators are you using that tells us that we can expect further downside.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Like old CPS I've been trading IMP for ages. Good range and runs like clockwork between levels. It's broken all shorter term support and is heading for long term support of 177/8. That's still R10 away from today's opening. Other TOPI shares doing similar things, so leads you to expect another downleg. I will go long IMP in the late 170s, with a fairly tight stop. If it breaks 177 - pretty ugly. BIG CRASH and HG's nuclear winter.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
ALSI Very volatile at the moment, but using TA 101 - currently hovering on the 200MA. If this breaks down with conviction, then probably quite bearish? On the other hand, could bounce from here. BIL, for example, sliced down through the 200MA with no effort.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Close to: 19,425cps (Negative breakout)
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And alert of late 170s triggered and me long IMP.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes,things not looking pretty.Some supports broken,notably bil and agl,others hanging on by the skin of their teeth eg.imp,bti,exx,rem.Dow down about 2.4% at the moment.Tomorrow could be interesting.On the other hand most shares are oversold so a rally is due.Who the heck knows?
0 Kudos
KUZAK
Occasional Contributor
We all agree! get ready for the rid of your life1
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ya Russy, who knows. Have your level, have your stops, **** the rest.
0 Kudos