Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BOLT

Rams
Super Contributor
DOW down 0.01%!
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Rams
Super Contributor
down -0.02% -only!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
U Bolt unlimited :-)
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
3 things you must always be on the look out for: 1) Rand/USD (8.08 is the level to watch for, break below this would send the TOPI even higher), the US VIX (is struggling to break through the 20 level which is good news for us the Bulls), the US 10 year yield (there is a clear buy divergence on the yield which tells me the yield is headed higher and bond prices lower). Topi is a buy at the +-31 000 points level. IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Three things you must always look out for 1) Low vix...very little protection to the downside i.e. bulls in extreme danger 2)traders who try and play economist by piecing together pieces of a puzzle using what they think is their infinite wisdom 3) idiots who cannot read a chart
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
we know we are here: anyone with a different opinion is an idiot who cant read a chart. a bear who is always looking to short at a 52 weeks high is supposedly no idiot he!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
300 points on the short bagged....whos the idiot?
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Mark...What is your objective here....Is it to solicit more followers and get more bucks through advertising on your site..or hopefully the objective is to get more people more more educated and interested in protecting capital and making some bucks...An honest answer would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stores the latter...but you seem to suggest the two are mutually exclusive? Surely if i provide information that is rubbish or in some way intended to harm that would be very stupid....would you not agree? I may be many things but that stupid I am not.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Thanks Mark...That makes sense...Please focus on the latter and please do not loose it and get banned again. I tried out your 123 exit strategy yesterday and it working out so far. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats great to hear...yes thats a great strategy for quick bucks...what were u trading?
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Have my long term portfolio which I will not change for three years on each transaction, for tax reasons...Have a short term account where I am trading the ranges on 12 blue chip counters...Still educating myself before I get the guts to try the alsi futures...Very conservative hey...
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Ps...Mark...once comfortable to trade the ALSI, I plan to start with 3 contracts and also still seriously observe the 2% rule.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when u ready speak to me re low cost RELIABLE trading platforms...
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Thanks...I assume you talking DWT
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes but there are others...whichever one it is you should get the platform for free (and no monthly fees or nonsense) as well as you live data for free.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And they should pay you money market rates on your balance as well as the value of any positions you have.. can add up to quite a bit...if your balance is say 200K over a year is about R 10 K per year interest which is being stolen from you if you dont get paid interest.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Will phone or e-mail..Should be ready sometime in October.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok good...but its small things like service...having the telephone answered immediately...being smeds about problems when or even before they occur..being able to have your money in your account the next day for trades you did that day etc that all make the difference....
0 Kudos