Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BSR ready to break upside?

Vano
Regular Contributor
Anyone still watching this one? it seems to have bounced on long term support and ready to move up.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
breakout
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone else look at Basil Read and wonder what's going on? Sustained downward pressure and yet seemingly going to produce "ok-to-good" results. Is there something I'm missing here...because if the results are even close to mediocre this has to be a value play.
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
This is definately a value share and has been knocked down a tad to much by the market as a result of concerns over prospects for the construction industry. I'm holding here and i think it's dam worth the money @ this price..
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
OK, I admit, I made a mistake, made the call too early. From a technical view, BSR is trading on a long term support trend line going back to june 2005. If the 1200 support level holds, BSR looks like a promising punt long term.
0 Kudos
breakout
Occasional Contributor
Yip...call me stupid but I'm buying on the way down...I notice that the moves are becoming smaller...maybe a sign of reversal...maybe not...but then at end Feb they are sure to put a 50-65c dividend out there...should at least reclaim the book losses if there is support at 1200.More optimistically...upside.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Bought @ 12-80. Will see what results show, but should be good to hold for a while.
0 Kudos