Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BUILDMAX

Maggie
Super Contributor
Anyone know why this share is continuing to fall and where it may end?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
platsak
Super Contributor
Can understand the residential building part of the business. How's the coal mining business going? How do they focus on both?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have some of these shares! They have been very stable! So sooner or later its goin to rise with such volumes
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Matt. That graph looks really really ugly. Maybe its not The Dog but its at least a fat tempramental puppy.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I've also got a few shares got in at 177. Frank Black put a sell on this share this month as well as Pan Af. He tipped Buildmax at just over R2. David Shapiro also has a couple of these shares and rates it as a great buy
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
All I know is that they did a lot of restructering lately and we should wait for the first results of the new structure to show the true picture of the new business model....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There was also some heavy directors' buying at 145c in July.I'm holding.I don't believe they could get it so wrong.
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
Russ, I see you are all over the show...whats your new strategy on those sol warrants? Oil doesn't seem to go the way we want it to go in the short term anyways.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Someone put in / took out R2m in this share today, hopefully it's a positive sign. I've been holding this share so long, any recovery will be welcomed.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
DF, sorry I didn't see your post before.I should have taken my own advice a while back which was to get out of solsba when it reached 25c. They got there and I didn't sell and now they're at half that (the biggest challenge in trading is to know yourself and your strengths and weaknesses). Sol is still above it's support line which started in May 2007 and is oversold and I'm going to hang in for a while longer and see what happens.The main thing is what happens with oil so I'm watching that.I'll let you know if I have any further thoughts on this.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Possibly a fund? Anyway gone to 110 today so thats a nice little 200K profit if the buyer sells. Maybe it goes to 150 by the end of the year / early next year, then the buyer makes an easy 1 mill profit. The current Annual report the NAV is 128.8, so trading at discount (if you believe the NAV valuation). Maybe if oil drops and Diesel Power makes more cash the share may go up....I have held for a long time and lost lots of paper money. Its not worth selling at the moment, since it was a punt (ala Naas) from the start.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hmmmm, one minute we are trading at 110 then (someone!!!) comes in and sells at 103 and 104. Surely it is manipulation or is there some really doof people out there????
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Do people who are hard of hearing sell low?
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hey Russ I said doof (stupid) not deaf!!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
We seem to keep missing each other on these two threads!
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Russ, story of my life, missing people.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In Afrikaans, "doof" means deaf whereas "dof" means stupid, hence the miscommunication. Unfortunately most of us aren't fluent in Celtic.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hey, apologies, I have lived here for 26 years but typical british lazy to learn the language.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, I wonder how accurate the NAV is? I've held on to it because I thought the PE (for a consturction company) was alluring when I got in. To me the PE is still quite low, at just over 5. Anyway, will be watching it closely over the next couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
as I understand Diesel Power rents out the equipment/trucks/etc., but the cost of running (ie: the diesel) is for the client.
0 Kudos