Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bad day

Brommie
Frequent Contributor
All share index up 1.3% Me down 0.5% Am I missing something with my analysis of AFO and SXR? (Why are they not moving up?) Further I find the market currently very expensive and are sitting on heaps of cash that I do not know how to invest. I have this feeling that the bull phase is still not over and that I am loosing out. Sympathy and suggestions will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
2 suggestions (and only suggestions) 1. Only look at your shares on a weekly basis or perhaps even monthly as it seems the daily movements makes u jittery (ANY good share can have a bad day). 2. Dont know your timespan over which u want to invest but at any time the opportunity cost of not being in the market is significant. I can only suggest u look for a couple of quality companies with highish dividend yields and buy these on a weekly or monthly basis, and not in one go. - Just dont overtrade!
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I think the Bull will only leave when the last spectators leave in 2010. Yep its tough and everything seems expensive, But you must have your hand in the pot to actually take something out.hehe hope all goes well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Brommie I was checking my daily programmed Summit slot (on pvr) of meet the expect (Allan from stanlib) who mentioned ips as one of the promising small caps and I am thinking / considering to diversify my port with it. PLEASE this is not a HOT TIP at all. You must do your own home work plus check if it fits within your strategy.
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
I like that IPS has a real product(elec)and a need(pwr shortage). Coega plant should come on stream in 15 months. Many sugar mills use their waste in-house to generate own power, so to sell it elsewhere seems a good idea. Also, the gas plant is almost complete. Is R10 too much to pay? Should you wait for a pull-back after the hype? Certainly more promising than MKX.!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From the chart its a bit difficult to know if it will pullback soon but yes there are laws of gravity. My confortsble entrance will be between 750 - 770.
0 Kudos