Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bad deal

platau
Occasional Contributor
I fail to understand the "good value" from Heaven Sent. Tau Lekoa on it's own was worth R1bn a year or so ago. Lesego must have value. Market cap of deal at R12.25 is R0.6bn Thsi deal ONLY benefits Dippenaar and Swanepoel with their free shares - not shareholders who bought with hard earned money.... Pathetic value destruction
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold miner, what did you expect ?
0 Kudos
Gof
Contributor
It seems like a bad deal for the seller, although look at some of the mines that Village bought which seemed like a bad deal for the seller at the time but turned out to be disasters for Village!
0 Kudos
platau
Occasional Contributor
Blyvoor was a disaster, Buffels was always going to close. Tau Lekoa, not bad at all - decent mine with a decent lifespan and good profits.Problem is to try and replicate the "Harmony Way" in Village. Should have developed the Village way!! Should have followed Rob Still who sold at R2.17 before share consolidation (R43 after) How can R12.25 be good for essentially the same asset?? We should all go to SHM and block the deal. Reckless management
0 Kudos
platau
Occasional Contributor
Careful.... I'm also a gold miner - but not a reckless one.... Clearly I was a bit reckless believing in this one base on ZB's track record
0 Kudos
Gof
Contributor
I agree but I'm sure the share price will tank if the deal gets blocked. Based on the fact that all the non-performing assets have been removed, it shouldn't take more than a few years to make the cash to pay for the deal!?
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
I agree. This deal should be stopped. If village starts paying a dividend regularly from Tau, the share price will definitely improve and in a few years time, i am sure we will have received at least half the current share price, in dividends, and still hold the asset.
0 Kudos
Gof
Contributor
It looks like Continental Coal has been reinstated to the ASX. Do you think Village will pay a dividend when they sell their shares, or will this be tied up into the deal with Heaven Sent?
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
Why is Peregrine Equities buying into the company, knowing that it will be delisted after it is sold.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
coz you can buy at 1080c and exit at 1225c .. easy profit
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
Thanks for the answer Simon. But one question, why are not the other asset managers also buying in,to make a profit of 13% over a period of 4 months. I mean, as you said, it is a definite 1.45 profit per share over a short period.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you never see everybody buying/selling the same thing .. different ideas, strategies, time lines, risk profiles etc.
0 Kudos
platau
Occasional Contributor
Peregrine do lots of day trading.... Quick buck - not a long term view
0 Kudos