Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bad to worse. Interactive charts.

Not applicable
mon. the 12 th and still reflects Thurs. the 8 th data on Topi chart. And it was not even Thanksgiving. No hotdogs but it seems somebody to be a sausage.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
kwagga
Super Contributor
JSE having a little trouble this morning.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
again. Tell you what, if you had this kind of systems availability in the telco industry you would be out of business (there would be heads rolling for sure)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the telco industry has even bigger issues .. Seacom dead, dropped calls, unable to connect etc ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
JSE trading engine resides on the LSE trading system. They are 100% dependant on the LSE for basically everything except the Telco links to the LSE, where they need to look into Telkom's eyes. The JSE literally runs a shadow system.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
try bigcharts.com. the jse alsi index code is xx:j203. they even have intraday charts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it's because of all the sellers there's gonna be today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks sponono, but it is also time OST sort this out
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is a big difference in dropped calls offered on a best effort basis because of over capacity vs a system going down, like a telco HLR. I remember a case in Germany where a Telco HLR failed and it took an hour to reserect. The suppliers where sued for almost $100m. This is a JSE system failure, not some telephone cable that has got dug up - it is a criteria which is 100% whithin the JSE's control to manage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah,. funny that,.. Everytime there is a glitch, we get dodge action behind closed doors,.. No problem we're all sleeping sheeple, nothing to see here,. only the elite taking first slices for themselves,.. AGL 2% down whilst the rest of the world is green,.. Hmmmm,. Really!? Actually,. You know there was an eclipse last night DURING the WC final,. No planned that for sure,.. Never,.. Naaah,.. Lucky we knew markets would open so low, given the eclipse was in Cancer,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
USD/YEN,.. !? doh!,.. no mad conspiracy what!? - dang!!,..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The OST Dow chart reflects the last entry on the 9th. Today is the 13th. There also seems to be another fat finger low. please fix.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Outdated information like this is like walking through a swamp on crutches , blindfolded in the fog on a moonless night
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . using my ***** to feel my way around . . .
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I can't believe -s-c-h-lo-ng- is banned from the site; its such a nice word (wish such diligance was paid to the charts). Some of my favouritest songs have the word ***** in it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
HG, sure you can hack the net nanney .. tis easy .. but make no mistake it is even easier for me to just ban you ..
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Is there a list of words that we may study at leisure to see which words are inappropriate?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope .. but an halff intelligent person knows exactly where that line is ..
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
I suppose that we have to watch the sequence of our appropriate words and must also then take that into account , seeing that the idea's they convey may be deemed inappropriate by the exulted powers that be?
0 Kudos