Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bafana Bafana

Galuc
Super Contributor
Firing the coach is about dramatic! He has taken the boys to a new level of soccer and I am proud of the way we played, but I see where Mbuzi is coming from, we 1-0 down, I medfield was tired and Modise was having a nightmare, do the substitutions earlier for goodness sake! What can a player do in a minute or two???
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
what i found really stupid is bringing on 3 subs right @ the end of the game.. that is .just idiotic. with only 1 minute extra time left to try pull through a miracle, putting on 3 subs to waste a minute does just not make common sense
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
hmmmmm.........if u play against Spain like u did against Brazil you stand a good chance of winning, go Bafana!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No US Fan ... But must say Impressive play of late ... Egypt, spain and ranked 14 in the world ... my team to win the CON cup
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
...and hats off again - but it shows how unpredictable matters can get and to which extent a team has to concentrate, when in a situation like Bafana had themselves knotted to in those last minutes before extended play.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when r we gonna stop accepting being second to everyone? why don we be rutheless in our pursuit of exellence, personally i dont live life accepting and Encouraging myself to be defeated. think about it, if bafana put a good fight against other teams and still loose, what type of a fight is those teams putting against us? sometimes our fighting is not good enough. lets learn the vice of the good teams and use it against them. lets wake up RSA.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
...I do not feel like accepting being second to others - in sports and sometimes in the real working world (sic!) it's a matter of good fortune as opposed to bad luck. What in the world makes a team lose the game in the 87th minute? An error by x1 player... a goal keeper who badly miss on a save which is not half as difficult as one he's managed to control x6 times earlier in the same game... a defender who lets go on a ball just about 40cm from his upper leg? etc etc. We can't blame ourselves, we can be bloody happy that Bafana moved from earlier lows in history to this high. Tim Noakes has the opinion that your brain controls the level of performance - if you believe, you'll succeed, because (especially with physical performance), he says: the lack of will expressed by the brain, will result in bad muscle performance and you will be weak before you even started.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
They used to suck, now they don't. They've improved a lot. I think more than a few are pretty happy about that. The main thing is that it prepares them well for next year.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The team (or individual)that believes it will win normally does.Look at the Boks in the rugby,Spain against Bafana, and Brazil against USA-the losing teams all squandered great leads while the other team raised its game.Lack of self-belief normally kicks in just when victory is in sight.It's all in the head.
0 Kudos