Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bank Charges- Standard Bank

BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Does anybody know what Capitecs online banking is like? I find SBK is pretty good compared to FNB.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
I must say, I find SBK Online banking and service with a Private Banking account very good - no cause to complain. Homeassist service on the Bond also excellent. Integration of online banking and OST very useful. Agree fees are not the cheapest, but aside from that, I'm happy.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Capitec's online banking is simple, works and free of any charge. If you're looking for bells and whistles go somewhere else. You get what you pay for and that is what I wanted for as long as I can remember.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can i move to another OST with my current portofolio intact?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Moved to capitec early last year. Never looked back - excelent product.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Easy as pie, very secure. At present biometrics implemented to secure stuff inter alia at ATM. Online enquiries quick as lightning. Seemingly money transfers to Capitec delayed, but transaction date acknowledged. Payment to third parties a breeze. Universal branch number enables ETF of salary payment to account.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would like to change to a bank that doesn't sponsor corruption...i.e.: sport
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
First occurence of phishing threat to Capitec clients appeared today
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha .. means they have arrived ..
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
for sure - and they gonna have one h...ofatime to persuade many of their clients not to respond to the luring sms - its like a call girl wispering in your ear (not that I would know!)
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
Doesn't the government here insure account holders from bank failure?
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
For R270 a month for Private Banking service at Standard Bank, I find it a bargain. It includes all transaction fees, internet banking and a personal manager only an e-mail or phone call away. Recently when I had a phishing attempt on my accounts, Private banking sorted out all cards/accounts with one phone call. Good luck when someone does that to your Capitec accounts.
0 Kudos