Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bank share will go up after the long weekend!?!?

Not applicable
it is a difficult time for bank share this week. But looks like it will go up again after the long-long weekend and recover the losts. What you guys think???
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
yip!!! its a good way of thinking. Good luck, buy absa!!!!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Keep telling yourself that... Why because inflation has spiraled out of control interest rates are going to go up again... local property market is about to tank and commercial/industrial yeilds are changing very quickly.... I dont think so?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would have more confidence in your opinion if u had said losses. The 2 day trading week will b interesting. I,m looking for a good escape point. Banks will go lower
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
a*****a, send me some of what you are smoking.....
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
k who is gonna short banks with me and make a packet??
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
Remarks made by the Reserve Bank governor have caused concern that rates will be hiked earlier than expected They only expecting, a emergency meeting won't be held next week because the fact that there is only two working days and these guys in our government is so lazy...they would want a holiday. Secondly what if some news comes in and sais they won't hike the interest rate up for now then share prices will go up to fulfill the losses for the last couple of days. There is plenty of room to go up. Too bad if they really do have a meeting then share prices will drop abit more as we all got use to it already. not a big concern. I bought absa at 60 rand and nedbank around 70 rand...
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Flip you have been hammered with ASA well below the average return on the JSE for the last 3.5 yrs (the last time the share was at R60 was sep 04).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
agreed it all depends on how Tito and the gang feel, the week is to short for any gains, you will have to get in and out........risky!
0 Kudos