Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banking shares

PaulC
Super Contributor
Hi All, I love watching the banks after the MPC meetings. What I find curious time and time again is that nedbank always seems to underperform relative to the other big 4 while absa always seems to lead banking rallies. Are there fundamental reasons for this? - Paul C and no I dont invest in the banking sector :)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
john_1
Super Contributor
1 in 3 home loans are written by ABSA thet and FSR have been very agressive lenders, NED has been fixing internal problems so missed a lot of the risky credit lending that has been going on, less but less downside risk.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
All banks should flourish with no further increases,mind u i'm still a little hesitant with June legislation,although this has probably been factored into the present price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ASA & SBK will perform the best of the banks in my opinion. Nedbank is more diverse and has many corporate customers. Also on the charts ASA and SBK have(had) retraced almost to the 50% mark on the fibonacci scale after the recent move up. Stockastic is pretty oversold (not sure after todays movements) so im sure the banking sector is in for another run (esp ASA & SBK)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ASA & SBK will perform the best of the banks in my opinion. Nedbank is more diverse and has many corporate customers. Also on the charts ASA and SBK have(had) retraced almost to the 50% mark on the fibonacci scale after the recent move up. Stockastic is pretty oversold (not sure after todays movements) so im sure the banking sector is in for another run (esp ASA & SBK)
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
I'm curious about NED too. I think it has some upside potential. Lets see...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i see Ned is running a competition that gives one double your years earnings if one opens a new account,tempting but i some how don't think i stand a chance as they probably will go for the lower earners.i've been a Ned account holder as long as i can remember.
0 Kudos