Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks. Having a good day

Wizard
Super Contributor
The question was whether this US recession looks like 73' or 91'. The answer was very simple.We live like the 70s! History has repeated itself quite nicely. If it continues then we have to wait for a double bottom on the DOW only end of next year. Regardless what the interest rates are doing locally BANKS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
wizard carry on saying that because its doing the opposite
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Short term FSR may go to it's 200EMA which is over 17 bucks, but on the long run we should see it under 10
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Wizard if i took your advice yesterday i would have been in a real *****py mood today.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I didn't sprecify that the rally was going to end yesterday... not by a long shot...I think that ASA may go to 103.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With the rapid movement of the banks UP ,what's the chance of ASA reaching 11500 over the next 2 weeks ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
45% rally... :)Chances are minimal...103 at the 200EMA is mre optimistic ;)
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Banks on brink of escaping its bear trend (29870). If this is the case the next stop is 34850. Only time will tell. In the mean time theres a few people out there that's thoroughly enjoying the ride.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A lot of gaps on all the banks in today's opening price action. I started nibbling at some ssf puts at the highs of today...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Platsak ... are you still holding those ASASBF warrants .... just wish it could end up in the money ... i'm also sitting with them
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Have the SSF. But please dont tell anyone. It's very embarrasing. Hopefully we can even make a bit of money. Lets wait and see if the index closes above 29870.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
30053 points. Never thought I will see this so soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we can at least hope. The upward trend on the banks seems positive
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WOW ....These banks are realy flying .... How long could this go on ????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Wena, I also went short on some of the banks a few minutes ago. Was waiting for the top40 gap close and hoping that banks will now begin to run out of steam so we can close the morning gap over the next few days. I see we both think a bit contrarian, may we both be profitable...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i sold too early .... could have had allot more profit, but profit is profit
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
That's always the problem when you try to maximize profits. I try not to sell but use a stop loss to sell when the price starts dropping.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
30401 on good volume.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
JPMorgan Profit Beats Market Expectations - could this fuel more upside? http://www.cnbc.com/id/25714966
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
Most of the banks in the US close more than 6%...you guys going short must becareful as i think will be another strong day for our banks
0 Kudos