Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks

platsak
Super Contributor
Banks looking cheap again. Enter Long or do the forum expect a downward break.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
I am not sure if the SA banks follow the Eur bank trends. i have only started looking into shares in SA, but if they do, i would hang back a while. the talks over here is that Banks are going in for pressure for the next while as there are still fears abound of the lows being tested.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
I agree that banks will still be under pressure. I currently hold Standard Bank shares, but am not buying anymore right now...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
banks are in such a flat trading range at the moment, that I think it is impossible to call. set your stoplosses wide if you are going to take a direction, IMO. Personally, I don't think banks have the legs to break their resistance levels, and I am bearish and am using a channel breakout as my short entry. The exception is Investec, which is going great guns and looks like a great swing trade setup long, don't ask me why it is not behaving the same as the other banks?
0 Kudos