Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks

divz
Super Contributor
Can anyone tell me why banks taking such a beating? It seems every time the market goes down banks get whoesaley nailed more than anything else.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
john_1
Super Contributor
It not called a credit crisis for nothing
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thnks john but surely this whole crisis was priced in before this week. We already had a big drop when this whole thing emerged.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
More problems starting up in europe... so looks like its not the end of the saga as originally thought
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
My 1c - the priced in rule doesn't apply to banks. And the current trend is only bad if you bought in at the high, as I did. It's cr@ppy.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I bought what i thought was the low only to see it going down further. What you doing now Chatty holding on till it hopefully turns or you going to stop the bleeding and get out? Thinking of getting out and catching new bottom wherever that might be.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Banks are trending downwards short term,so dont try and catch the bottom until there is a reversal.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
catchig bottoms is DANGEROUS, and hoping is just as bad - manage your money properly and live to trade another day i.e. stop the madness and stop the bleeding
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I was trying to warn you guys.My projection shows much more downside for banks.Maybe ost will alow me to publish my analysis on this site...these things are cast in the laws of nature, we cannot change it.Interesting, see www.mahendraprophecy.com.
0 Kudos